Thursday, July 30, 2009

What's in a Name...

I find naming another human being to be very difficult. Is the name unique enough, but not odd or strange? Will it fit their personality? Is it suitable as a child's name but adult enough for when they are grown?

If you ask Len, I poured over baby name books by the dozen each time I was pregnant and could only come up with a few names each time. So when it came to naming yet another baby I left that to Len, who in a matter of seconds, said William and that was the end of that.

WILLIAM (Irish/Scottish/English) - Determined Protector
JOSEPH (Hebrew) - God will Increase
XIAOHU (Chinese) - Little Tiger

Why William: Because of it's ethnic background (and my love of Mel Gibson-think Braveheart)
Why Joseph: That's for his Pop Pop
Why Xiaohu: That will forever be a part of who he is

1 comment:

  1. Pop and I like Wills name, of course Pop Pop has real good reason to like it

    ReplyDelete